Sunday, November 4, 2018

Step 7: The Removable Lids for the top




I made these lids that can easily removed.  I stretched screen across the lid, and fastened down around the edges.  This makes an easy place to rest various heat lamps and UVB bulbs over the lower portion and over the upper portion.




I cut plexiglass pieces to fit the front openings of the lower portion and the upper portion.  I drilled holes in the plexiglass around the edges, and screwed them in to the front frame.


If I was to do over again, I would have used glass rather than plexiglass. I would have had to find a different way to hold them on (i wouldn't have been able to drill holes around the edges).  However, the plexiglass cracked here and there when drilling the holes, and the front of the plexiglass got all scratched up from the lizards trying to climb on it.  You can see this in the pictures of the finished vivarium.


No comments:

Post a Comment