Sunday, November 4, 2018

Step 11: Feeding


I positioned a water dish next to a rock formation, to reduce the animals walking through it.  I make sure there is always water there.

I keep a very slow drip into the water, as that helps the Collared Lizard be aware of it and drink more.  I just have a plastic bottle with a pin hole in the bottom, sitting on the screen lid above the water dish.  Someday I will set up something more clever and automated.


I have a small dish next to the water dish that I use for mealworms  The sides are high enough so that the mealworms can't climb out.  I usually put in 2 mealworms a day.


I drop 3-4 crickets in a day.  The Collared Lizard usually catches most of them as I put them in. A few get away and hide in the rocks, and he will catch them later in the day as they come out.



I placed a large flat rock in the corner where I place greens for the tortoise.  I like this feeding place as it looks more natural.  I would like to make something more natural for the water and the mealworms... someday.  I don't like the look of feeding dishes in the vivarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment